.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hindustan without the Hindu

Monday, May 05, 2008

Not Just a Combination...

I love Athans Bakery in Brookline. Easily my favorite for desserts and Greek gelato. What I am currently salivating over, is their new Vanilla Baklava ice cream. I understand that people like vanilla ice cream, and people like baklava. This is so much more than just a combination of the two. This ice cream has the nuttyness of baklava, the smoothness of good ice cream, a hard to find with solid mix in flavors, and yet is still flaky in some spots. It is true genius this ice cream. I do detect a lack of honey, but that might be just this batch. It is creamy, so the freezer burn damage is lessened. Overall a delectable treat. Further reinforcement of the quality of Brookline’s eateries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home