.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hindustan without the Hindu

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Make the Whole God-Damn World P-H FAT!

So the Band St. Cool concert last night was pretty kickin’. I came there expecting to enjoy the music only a little, and just be there to have fun, but I had a great time there. I wasn’t happy with all the bands, but I wouldn’t say any of them were bad. Here’s a break down of the concert:

Sometimes "Why": Ok, seriously, if Will’s mic had been functioning properly, they would have been freaking AMAZING. I couldn’t hear a word Will said, so they weren’t, but the music behind him was damned good. They gave exactly what they promised, a rapper with a rock band behind him. It was really fun listening to them.

Downtown Collective: I’ve never really been a fan of them, but I do recognize that they’re pretty good. I don’t like the whole jazz thing in these sorts of concerts. They’re easily the most mellow group out there. If I were in a jazz club or in the mood for chilling out, I might be more into them, but they never seem to be playing in those types of concerts.

Superfluid: I would say more than this, but it would be tantamount to fanboyism, even though I’ve only seen them this once. I will mention (because Anna told me to) that Nolan is a BAMF drummer. For true. They fucking RULE.

Naked Chips: for me, this band is pretty hit and miss. I like the music, but I always feel that the vocals are weird, and I can’t place the weirdness. They also didn’t play their remix of Can’t Stop, which is the only song I really like by them.

Band St. Cool: I saw them last at the Battle of the Bands, and I didn’t like them. Mainly because I felt, and I didn’t feel this last night, that Gabe’s energy was mellowing out Eli. This is probably because Eli was in a high energy act previous to BSC going on, but I didn’t really feel them that night. They were mad good last night though. Eli and Gabe have very good chemistry, and it just clicked. Granted, I didn’t like all of their songs, and they didn’t play Don’t Stop Believin’, but they were still mad good. I enjoyed their set, though I will say that they didn’t really “headline” the event as much as they could have. Superfluid stole the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home