.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hindustan without the Hindu

Monday, November 17, 2008

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

I never thought that I would like this book and im about half way through it now. I really really hate myself for trying to get through it. It’s really bad writing. I will say that when I first picked up the book, I was almost excited to see how bad his writing had gotten. It seemed to be an almost JK Rowling moment (You know who you are HBP) where the book was horrible but it at least advanced the plot. Brisingr is pretty damned bad though. A lot worse than any Rowling book. There’s a long fight scene in the third or fourth chapter where, for several pages, Eragon just stands there thinking about how great he is, watching Saphira and Roran get the crap beaten out of them. What the hell?
One thing I do like about it is that it’s much more about Eragon, and there are much fewer chapters where Paolini basically says “Hey look! Minor characters! They have lives too!” which overwhelmed Eldest. I would have much rather preferred a book purely about Eragon, and then at the end they meet Roran and he tells them all about it, instead of constantly dividing the story up. There are divisions, but less of them, and they are less long as well which is good.

1 Comments:

  • jk rowling rocks. end of story.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home