.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hindustan without the Hindu

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Swerved, It Was All in My Head!

A Note to anyone who got tagged on FB. Or anyone here for that matter. I rarely update my blog. Usually if i see a show or movie or something. If I tagged you, or directed you here, it's because I care about your opinion, or at least, I think that you're cool.

This was a great concert, and it was really fun to be there. I got to see a bunch of new South bands, and listened to some great music. Here’s the review:

North Station/Zach Hausle and the Dangling Modifiers:
I wasn’t completely happy with them. They started out with a rap/rock song after the intro, which didn't really work, at least for me. The solo songs were great musically, but it was a bit hard to hear Zach sing because of the position of the mic. I loved when they did their other songs at the end. I suggest they just stick to the rock. Very good sound.

SuperFluid:
This time I will give a legitimate review of them. They were really good, and I definitely didn’t feel that they stole the show this time. We got a mosh pit going eventually, and it was really fun. They didn’t play any new songs though. Still loved their set.

Pajammin’:
I liked their music a lot. Did a couple covers and some original material. Kinda ska sound, but it wasn’t too chill, and wasn’t too hyper. A nice follow up for SuperFluid. It was unfortunate that they were having mic problems. Good for my first time seeing them.

Downtown Collective:
I really really liked them this time. They were much less chill, playing faster music, someone commented on their ska-ness. They were a lot better. They played their two signature songs, and did their thing. I still stand by my opinion that, although they are great musicians, I'm not really there for their sound usually.

Band St. Cool:
They were great as usual. Slightly more chill than they usually are at shows, but I was much more in the mood for it this time around. I really liked the new Bel-Air cover they did, and some of their songs which I didn’t like at earlier shows are starting to grow on me. I really want to get an album by them now.

Last Train Out:
I’ve decided not to review these guys because of some things that happened at the show.

Sometimes Why:
As Will’s mic was working, I loved them. Great end, even though Cowboy Will got cut short. I can’t wait to see them perform again. Not much to say because the set was so short, but thankfully they played.

All in all, I had fun, and it seemed like most of the other people did too. Great start to the new year. 09!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home